Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 13th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Honourable Citizen

Send a message via AIM to dona83
Wireless Mighty Mouse won't turn on

The iMac I bought came with a wireless full size keyboard (old plastic style) and wireless mighty mouse. Keyboard works great, Mighty Mouse not so much. I heard these mice were finicky with batteries so I tried different kinds. They won't turn on with Eneloops, not Energizer rechargeables, nor some Reactor Ni-Cad batteries that are made for solar garden lights. The green LED briefly flashed with some Superstore alkaline batteries (I don't know if they were dead or not) but it wouldn't connect. Do I just consider them dead? The seller knocked off $20 anyway, but just gave me the mouse since she has a Magic Mouse with her new iMac.

Should I try more kinds of batteries to try to make it work or just buy a Magic Mouse? I was planning on buying one anyway, just not so soon. Does the Magic Mouse have the same issues with batteries? What is that metal band behind the battery cover of the Mighty Mouse?

Are you backed up??? If so, why? Psyllium Fibre is not free but will do wonders!
dona83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Honourable Citizen

Mine turns on wit any sorts of batteries. You've slid the thing open to reveal the laser lens, right? Have you gone to the Bluetooth pref in System Preferences to "discover" the Mighty Mouse?

MacPro, 1,1 3.0 GHZ
Macfury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Honourable Citizen

Send a message via AIM to dona83
Yea I tried that. Only once did the green light flash on, but at the time I didn't know it was in discovery mode. Was never able to see that green light come on again. In any case, I decided to buy a Magic Mouse.

Are you backed up??? If so, why? Psyllium Fibre is not free but will do wonders!
dona83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #4
Honourable Citizen

I've had several Mighty Mouse and a Magic Mouse and finally gave up and went back to an old wired basic Logitech scroll wheel mouse.

But it was starting to act goofy looking for a replacement and options, and I picked up a wireless Logitech M705 mouse our local Costco was/is selling last month for $30.00 and I'm still smiling and pleased as punch.

It just works so smoothly and 3 1/2 year battery life wi two AA batteries and absolutely no lag or hesitation that most Apple wireless mice I've used have. High resolution laser and very precise smooth mousing on a good quality non-patterned fabric covered foam mouse pad. I just love and enjoy using it.

I haven't even bothered turning it off and its Logitech pref pane is showing battery time left: 1040 days!!!

Try that with an Apple cordless mouse!! And no I don't need or want any gesture stuff thanks!!
pm-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #5
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
went back to an old wired basic Logitech scroll wheel mouse.
Considering I have one less cord to think about, and I have not had any problems with my Magic Mouse, I'm never going back to wired mice as my primary mouse.
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #6
You are just an illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dona83 View Post
Yea I tried that. Only once did the green light flash on, but at the time I didn't know it was in discovery mode. Was never able to see that green light come on again. In any case, I decided to buy a Magic Mouse.
you have to have the cover on for the mouse to turn on, since nobody mentioned this..
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #7
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
you have to have the cover on for the mouse to turn on, since nobody mentioned this..
Can anyone confirm this? It makes sense, but can it not actually function without the cover on?
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8
You are just an illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Elementz View Post
Can anyone confirm this? It makes sense, but can it not actually function without the cover on?
There's a little push button when you have the cover open. Push it.. it will turn on.
The slider actually pushes on that when you slide the lens open