Twitter
YouTube
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #11
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by macintosh doctor View Post
Nothing beats my Jura f90 - a lot cheaper than that do dat , not to mention I would not want to have an iPhone every time to make a drink - silly..
You don't need your iPhone, the maker has a touch screen interface built into it, it is just that you can use your iPhone as a remote for the maker.
screature is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by screature View Post
You don't need your iPhone, the maker has a touch screen interface built into it, it is just that you can use your iPhone as a remote for the maker.
I know but the worst part is.. it is permanent install..right into the counter.. imagine if you want to move or even service that unit.. it will cost you a fortune..

When my jura reached 7 years of age.. it needed service that was last year december..
the internals mechanism died that emptied the grinds.. it cost $ 130 for service [ after 7 years that was amazing and it included a tune up at that price ]
can you imagine if that unit breaks what the service costs would be?

yes for a commercial application or a rich person - look at me I am rich and can show it.. solution might be the application for it.. but most millionaires [my clients - not me ]I know usually go with the meile built it in ...

it is easy to remove any parts and clean. it opens up like a swing door.. and you can remove the parts and have it taken to meile for service.
LaCie Stark 1TB for time machine, Apple Track Pad
Moshi Keyboard cover ( to catch the drool when surfing rumor sites )
Government jobs / work places : it smells like wet dogs, so do some people that work there. Everyone moves like they were injured!, It's like a low budget rehab centre
macintosh doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #13
Honourable Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by macintosh doctor View Post
I know but the worst part is.. it is permanent install..right into the counter.. imagine if you want to move or even service that unit.. it will cost you a fortune..

When my jura reached 7 years of age.. it needed service that was last year december..
the internals mechanism died that emptied the grinds.. it cost $ 130 for service [ after 7 years that was amazing and it included a tune up at that price ]
can you imagine if that unit breaks what the service costs would be?

yes for a commercial application or a rich person - look at me I am rich and can show it.. solution might be the application for it.. but most millionaires [my clients - not me ]I know usually go with the meile built it in ...

it is easy to remove any parts and clean. it opens up like a swing door.. and you can remove the parts and have it taken to meile for service.
For those with the money and who actually want the thing I am sure what you consider to be worst part (being built in) is one of the best things about it... to each their own.

As for servicing I think how easy or difficult it is to do and the associated cost is speculation of your part. From the pictures they show on the web site all the parts seem to slide out from underneath for easy access.
screature is offline   Reply With Quote