I can't believe I ever let this happen, but here goes... the batteries in my wireless keyboard died, and so my brother swapped them with the rechargable batteries which sit in my mouse' receiver (receiver and charger in one for my mouse). Anyway... the batteries in the keyboard were NOT rechargable ones, but he thought they were and put them in the receiver to recharge them... 12 hours later, since the batteries he put in there were not rechargable ones, they melted, leaking battery acid into the receiver. My mouse no longer responds and my Mac does not see the receiver anymore, nor does it pick up a signal from the mouse. In short: my receiver, so I think, is fried.
Before I throw both the mouse and receiver into the garbage, any suggestions?
Mac mini (Mid 2011) 2.7 GHz i7, 8GB RAM, Crucial M4 256GB SSD + 500GB + 1TB FW800 OWC Mercury Elite Pro mini
iPhone 4S • iPod nano 8GB • Sound System Audio Engine A2 • Display UltraSharp U2412M 24"