Perhaps to you and I but there is enough grain in this silo to feed the electorate indefinitely.
I'm not sure what we would do as a society when the 'a-ha' moment hits us. Burn the House Of Commons down? It appears as though we are hopelessly enslaved.
There will never be an "a-ha" moment. You and I will disagree on this, but once government becomes large enough to collect enough money from 49% of Canadians to make life demonstrably easier for the other 51%, the electorate will simply move back and forth between the the parties offering to put them on the dole in some fashion.
The end will come when the government begins to shift the blame for the failing economy, etc. to the decreasing donor class. Class envy will probably provide the final blow.
Why does the U.S.A. allow some terrorists to walk free in Miami, while imprisoning anti-terrorist fighters? (Washington Post) The Cuban Revolution as Socialist Human DevelopmentBrill Books (Amazon Paperback)
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by HansardRecord David Christopherson's Question
Mr. Speaker, the procedure and House affairs committee just finished reviewing the Chief Electoral Officer's recommendations from the 2008 election.
He asked that Elections Canada be given the power to demand any documentation from any political party he deemed necessary to verify their compliance with the law. We agreed. The Conservatives did not.
How can Conservatives claim they want specific evidence brought forward when it suits them, then vote against giving the Chief Electoral Officer the very power he needs to demand that specific evidence be brought forward?
OGL =Ostentatious Grandiose Lambaster= WAR MONGER PM
Ad links aka CLICK BATE in my posts were not put there by me.
DO NOT CLICK on the random links in my post if not logged in as a member of this site.