Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

I was going to donate my iPod nano, but....

803 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  winwintoo 
#1 ·
You've heard of the Invivible Children "Stop Kony" campaign?

My two high school age grandchildren have been actively spreading the truth about this group - where the money really goes, issues that are more important, better ways to improve conditions, etc.

So I asked them today what they are doing to put their money where their mouth is "so to speak." they go to different schools. One school has a very active SRC and they have raised something like $12K so far this year with which they support several charities. For example they adopted about 300 families for Christmas hampers.

The other school does about zero although they have pledged to adopt 5 children in Haiti. So we tossed around fund raising ideas.

I knew that my new nano would arrive today. I said I would donate it and they could raffle it off. A plan started to unfold.

Then, the UPS guy arrived with that generic brown box and the bare nano nestled inside. And it only has 90 day warranty.

My question:

Is it ethical to raffle this thing? Won't the parents of the winner question it's provenance if there is no retail packaging?

I think it would look shabby without the retail box, but the kids think it wouldn't matter.

What do you think?

See less See more
#4 ·
Go for it! Always nice to see a kind heart in action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.