Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Alarm Force idiots

921 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Macfury 
#1 ·
Received several notices from Alarm Force that I had not been paying my bill. They phoned me to complain and I told them that my credit card information seemed fine and that I could not see why they were having trouble. After the SIXTH bill failed to process I told them that the problem was on their end, not mine.

They then explained to me that since they had trouble with the October 2011 billing not going through, they had stopped billing entirely after that. Why? "Because you did not authorize us to resume billing."

Unbelievable, considering all of the calls where they simply kept asking me what was wrong with my card. I asked them what sort of an idiotic policy prevented them from billing the accumulated amount--or at least the current month--on the following billing date. "That's just our policy."

Morons. I told them to send me a bill from here on and I would pay it out of my bank account.

#2 ·
If the rest of their service is as screwed up as their billing, why would you want to continue?

#3 ·
The service hasn't been screwed up, just the billing.

I did once try to switch to another company that promised me a good package that included flood protection and a few other services--then proceeded to tell me how I would have to make changes to the drainage system, etc. to accommodate their monitors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.