Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Do you have a pile of Canadian Tire money?

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Chimpur 
#1 ·
Ran across this today, thought I'd share.

Didn't know there was a collector's club for CT money, but apparently they want the 1 billionth note...

Check it out, it's a 5¢ note from 1999 with the serial # CTS S20-B-0015448024 it's worth at least $500 to them...so go searching that car and kitchen drawer. LOL

Canadian Tire Coupon Collectors Club Click the Wanted Poster.

#3 ·
I haven't noticed, I don't hoard them like I used to, probably since they stopped accepting them at the gas bar. Most of the time I just dump them in the charity jar on the way out.

#6 ·
I used to work there. And I hated the ct money. People paying for large purchases with it drive me nuts. Would hold up the entire line.

We used to encourage customers to cash it in towards a gift card. That way once they have a bit the can add it. And no arguing over totals.

#7 ·
We used to encourage customers to cash it in towards a gift card. That way once they have a bit the can add it. And no arguing over totals.
Went i went and cashed mine in before christmas (about $60 worth), i went to customer service. They had bill counting machine, just spilt the denomiations and cranked it through the machine. Took about 3 minutes for me to get it on a gift card.

BReligion

#8 ·
Nah... they made us count it by hand. Sort it in denominations. count those. tally it up on a sheet; multiply and add.

#9 ·
Just In (from not JNN)

Upgrades? of Canadian Tire Money program.

CBCNews said:
Canadian Tire is going from paper to plastic as the company tests out a new loyalty program in Nova Scotia.

In what the company is calling an "upgrade" to its existing loyalty program — the iconic 'Canadian Tire Money' — customers will be given the option to collect points electronically.

Shoppers will still be able to collect the paper money as usual, but may find the new program a better deal.

The new loyalty card will give customers the equivalent of one per cent back on their purchases, while the paper 'money' is only given back at a rate of 0.4 per cent.

The loyalty program will operate on a testing basis at 21 stores and eight gas stations in Nova Scotia, and may be rolled out across the country if Canadian Tire decides the program is a success.

The new program is part of an effort to boost sales at the Canadian retailer, which is seeing increased competition from U.S. retailers such as Wal-Mart and Target. Target is planning to enter the Canadian market in March of 2013.
P.O.V.
Would you ditch Canadian Tire money for a points card? Take our poll and watch some neat videos about the 'funny money.' See Story here (and you can vote on POV as well)

#10 ·
I'd just add it to my growing pile of store points cards....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.