Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Dangerous use of a gun?;

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • a Yahoo using a gun?

Votes: 18 62.1%

Let's Gage Reactions To This Video

3K views 51 replies 20 participants last post by  keebler27 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's poll citizens on this video and what it means to responsible firearms handling.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The ballot question: By Canadian standards, the use of a firearm in this video, is it;

Voters may select more than one ballot question if they choose.

#5 · (Edited)
My curiosity is based on what Canadians think without Ehmacians having to post in a thread that may not turn out so well in the end.

If I knew how to insert a poll anywhere I might just try that but as I had a hard enough time to figure out how to do it in this thread I shall leave it to the moderators to insert this poll into another existing thread.

either Don't be dissin your folks on facebook
or
Your right to defend yourself and property.

#4 ·
Well, let's see.

Was anyone hurt? No.
Could anyone have been hurt? No.
Was the firearm handled properly? At least while on video.

So, the firearm was handled appropriately, responsibly, and with due care. Whether it was reasonable or not is more of a parenting question than a gun question.

#6 ·
I think it flippant and irresponsible to use a gun... I would have used a Hammer... Ball and pean I think.

******* dad was measured and reasonable with the exception of the use of a firearm...

#10 ·
The specifics of the gun handling are not the issue here. What is most disturbing is the fact that this psyco *has* guns.

I hope the daughter in question takes this video straight to the police and it is used to get a court order to remove all firearms from this nut's possession.

The next thing on her agenda should be to get the hell out of his house, and preferably out of the state. The guy's dangerously unstable, and even with his guns taken away, represents a clear and present danger to her and anyone else he may disagree with.

#11 ·
Classic overreaction.

The dude is a poor parent and that is the extent of it. There is no evidence he has ever struck or abused the daughter. He tried to get back at his daughter for the public humiliation he felt by her FB post, instead he accomplished embarrassing and humiliating himself.

Yahoo with a gun...nothing else to see here.

#13 ·
The guy's punishing his 15-year-old daughter by shooting her personal laptop with explosive-tipped hollow-point bullets, video taping it, and posting it publicly... and you don't think that's evidence of mental instability?!?

The guy's a loon. He needs professional help. Hopefully he gets it before he decides to punish someone else.

#19 ·
A little too smoothly executed, methinks. A little too smooth a comeback to ornery old dad and his hellfire penchant for frontier justice (I will note in passing that both vids are dubiously freighted with preachy cant).

All the same, if it is real, it speaks volumes to an all-too common use of the internet as a stage for execrable public theatre.

#22 ·
I'm still waiting to see the video of her shooting up the truck...provided this is the daughter.

If no video...it didn't happen....none of it or this is "Balloon Boy" all over again, an audition for a reality show. LOL

#24 ·
Obviously it's not the real daughter. However, she does present a point of view that the daughter needs to hear; that is, there are many people out there who think her dad is a whack job.

#25 ·
Ahh, the sweet naiveté of youth. Her insistence that all will be well once she's out from the nefarious clutches of the 'ole parental units is touching. She'll be utterly free to be herself! No personal responsibilities and obligations paralleling those wonderful new rights and entitlements! All lights green from here on in! And those nasty old people are just upset that they're old.

Kewl.

#27 ·
Nice try, but I ain't buying your logic. A cheap slam against Windows (heck, isn't that kinda old these days?) may be your cuppa tea, but personally I'm far more interested in the psychology of people using the net as a soapbox and what they believe they're projecting as opposed to how they're actually coming across.

#28 ·
I think we should start a pool to see which'll be the first talk show dad and daughter will appear on together.

#29 ·
How do we know there even is a daughter? Or a mom, for that matter? Everything in the video is told from his point of view, everything on his web page is from his point of view. The guy's a narcissist. His wife and daughter may as well not exist, given all the air time he gives them. Maybe this guy made the whole story up. Maybe he's looking for attention. Maybe the whole point of the "story" set up was to fire a few rounds into a laptop. Whack job to me, no matter how you slice it.

#32 ·
To answer the original poll question, this is clearly a case of irresponsible gun use. To fire hollow points into a laptop at that range puts the shooter in danger, not only from the fragmenting bullets, but also various bits of metal and plastic from the laptop. It would have been much smarter to place the laptop against a safe background 4-6 metres away. But then he'd have to be good enough to hit the thing at that distance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.