Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Don't be dissin your folks on facebook

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  BigDL 
#1 ·
yow.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

#4 ·
Very sad, very sad indeed.

Little wonder festivus includes the airing of grievances, I have a feeling these grievances (perhaps even many more) will be aired, in that family, for many years to come.

#5 ·
Ummm looky here broher DL, that boy right there iz a fire and brimstone Baptist...he don't even know what a festivus iz...never mind air'n grievances 'n all.

#8 ·
If this were in Canada, he'd be arrested, right? lol.

This is the second I've heard of public Facebook discipline. My sister in law resorted to tagging her daughter in a rant post.

#9 ·
This guy is a psycho. And an idiot. Not to mention a hypocrite. She should pay for the bullets and the software he destroyed with his little tantrum? Seriously? He couldn't just take the computer away, but rather he had to destroy it? After all the money and time he spent?

Obviously not an Apple user. The guy needs professional help, and the daughter needs to be somewhere safe. Next time the bullet may be aimed at her instead of the stand-in. And what amazes me is the number of people who support him.

#11 ·
Thanks fjnmusic. I was wondering if I was way off. I didn't watch the whole thing, I thought the daughter probably had some real grievances, but with a father like that she has never had a chance to air them safely. Unfortunately, she is only able to parrot back what she hears from him every day.

We so often use the word discipline when we really mean punish. We should be teaching our children to discipline themselves - conduct themselves according to standards they understand as appropriate. Instead we use punishment and expect them to figure out how to behave.

#13 ·
This guy is an idiot, plain and simple. Being a parent of two daughters who have screwed things up and have been grounded over the years for sometimes the same thing, I say he is not thinking straight.
First off, why kill the laptop? Sell it and get your measly $130 back, she has no laptop and you have your money idiot.
Second, waving a gun around with hollow point bullets is moronic.
Thirdly, sit and talk with your daughter, they want boundaries, and if they don't you haven't raised them right.

#15 ·
Whack jobs are everywhere. You'll notice that neither the wife nor the child actually get to write any of their own responses to the incident. The guy is a narcissist who inwardly fears he may have become irrelevant in his daughter's life. Wouldn't blame them a bit if they ran off to a shelter in the middle of the night. And it would have nothing to do with objecting to household chores either.

#16 ·
What.... an.... a-hole.....

Seriously, this d-bag should be charged and prosecuted. Shooting the laptop like that is pure threat and intimidation to his daughter and destruction of property. Nice example.

What an arse. I bet that guy was a complete d***-head in his teens and did things 10x worse than his daughter.

Was it cool what her daughter said on Facebook? Of course not, but wow.. surprise surprise, a teenager who thinks the world owes them something. Have a talk with them. Lead by example.

Every parent goes through the stage around 16 where teenagers start to turn into adults and have a built-in nature to "rebel" from their parents. It's called spreading their wings and wanting to be their own person. You've got to start to let go. Like someone else said, this guy probably is a narcissistic control freak who's probably having issues with that.

Anyways, this video made me sick.

#17 ·
Mayor, you got to learn to stop holding back and being so reserved. Go ahead tell us what you really mean. :)
Seriously I agree this guy is really not an example of what any parent should be like to a teenage daughter or any teen whatsoever, especially if she reacted the way he said she did. Too much over the top.

#18 ·
Wow that was pretty intense. The voice of the daughter in her letter sounds exactly like the voice of the father. She's angry and somewhat threatening when she mentions that some stuff is gonna happen if she has to pour another cup of coffee.

I think the father definitely has some anger management issues and it looks like he's already successfully transferred that psychological profile to his daughter. It appears that the father was understandably hurt by the harsh words of his daughter but his reaction to that was narcissistic, childish and totally over the top. But the harsh words are the result of how Dad has modelled how to deal with the world, through anger and threat. And to think that this guy owns a handgun and keeps hollow point rounds -- yikes.

But he claims in the follow-up that it's working out and mentions that his daughter has expressed the wish to own a .22. I figure she's just knuckling under to his international online display of force and power for the time being. Just wait until she's out there on her own as a good 'ol ******* gun ownin' adult, with her own set of anger and control issues. At best she'll only go on to damage another generation, ... at worst ...

I guess she won't have to worry about dating anyone until she moves out and probably leaves the state. Unless of course it's some rebel who thinks he's a tougher dude than the gun totin' Pa.

The real scary part is reading some of the comments to the follow up and realizing there are scores of people who think Angry Dad is cool.

#19 ·
I agree with you GA, my first thought, "the apple didn't fall very far from the tree" indeed it sounds as if the father and daughter are very much alike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.