Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Where for art thou, Star Wars 3D?

2K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  macintosh doctor 
#1 ·
Episode I is supposed to be in theatres now, but I'll be darned to find out where. Certainly not at any southwestern Ontario Silver City/Galaxy theatres. :-( I have a six year old who's excited to see it on the big screen, nevermind the fact it's in 3D.

#2 ·
Forget the 6 year old. Some sixty year olds thinking the same thing.:D

#3 ·
it's in 20 theatres in the GTA:

Movies - Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace

(hopefully that link works)

i recently bought/watched the starwars blu-ray box set. The phantom menace is truly a terrible film. Every time i watch it i fall asleep. The only time i didn't snooze was the first time i saw it and that was because i was in physical pain at the disappointment i felt.

Attack of the clones is also dreadful.... but at least i don't fall asleep during episode 2. Revenge of the sith is half awesome and half painful acting.

ofcourse the original trilogy is amazing and timeless.

#4 ·
Wherefore actually means "why"? Which actually may be a better question to ask.

#7 ·
Agreed--that's why I checked the thread. I was just old enough to think Star Wars was pretty grand when it debuted. Six months later, I sat through it again and was clubbing myself upside the head.

#8 ·
To mix metaphors, Lucas is milking a dead horse. I loved the first three movies with Harrison Ford and the cheesy special-effects, hated the other three the first time and see absolutely no reason for either 3D (done in post-production no less instead of having filmed them that way in the first place) or continually revising the original scripts for the first three and keep re-releasing them ad nauseum!

The reason I watched the newer three movies was to see Anakin's actual transformation into Darth Vader - and that was very conveniently glossed over, so, in my opinion I was gypped.

Cheers

#14 ·
I kind of liked THX-1138. Oh wait, that was longgggg before Star Wars. Well, there was the first Indiana Jones film, which hardly bears his stamp at all... and then there was... uh...

#16 ·
For some reason I've always felt as though I have to like THX-1138 but every time I've tried to watch it on TV I've ended up thinking it's overrated and its cult status isn't that deserved. When I want to waste my time on a painful '70s sci-fi movie I'd rather turn to that towering disco-licious achievement, Logan's Run.

#24 · (Edited)
(Some) Star wars fans have killed the franchise. There is a market for more Star Wars, but...
In January of 2012, Lucas announced that he would step away from blockbuster film-making and instead produce smaller art-house films. In an interview regarding whether or not the scrutiny he received from the prequel trilogy and the alterations made on the original trilogy, were a factor on his retirement, Lucas stated:
"Why would I make any more... when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?"

#25 ·
i don't think he's a terrible person....just that he screwed up the prequels. I don't have a problem with most of his changes to the originals...but i also think he should release the original versions for the fans.

there was supposed to be a Star Wars TV (live action, not the clone wars) series coming out focusing on between episode 3 and 4.:

Star Wars: Underworld - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hope they still do it.

#28 ·
I had dinner with someone who said he was embarrassed to let his 9 year old watch the revised movies because the originals were better, and he didn't want to explain the changes to them.
All I thought was how selfish that was.. The new fans don't care about changes.. Let them bask in their first experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.