Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Anyone notice a burger "war" going on?

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  jlcinc 
#1 ·
It seemed to start when Mcdonalds re invented their Angus Burger. Bigger Burger with a cleaner looking package design.

Around about the same time there seemed to be more "deluxe burger" places opening up new stores like Im seeing more Hero Burger, Burger Co, 5 Guys around.

Just recently Wendys revamped their line up and introduced a W Burger seems to be a nice fresh looking burger in a box not a wrapper and I noticed burger king has stepped up the packaging on the whopper.

It seems like the old floppy burger that never looked like the picture isnt enough anymore.

Shoe

#2 ·
Other than the new "Canadian Burger" (a bigger better burger) I noticed at Harvey's the last time I was there, I haven't noticed anything. But I don't frequent burger places as much these days.

#4 ·
Just this Monday me and the Mrs popped into Wendy's out of sheer desperation and I must say I was disappointed in their new revamped offering. Burger shrank, the fries shrank, I think even the pop shrank. Then they wanted 69¢ to size it up to what they served before?

Good luck Wendy's...poor Dave Thomas, he must be turning over in his grave.

#6 ·
I haven't had much from these burger places lately. Having to eat healthy by having Crohns will do that to ya I suppose. But I find the regular old Cheeseburger from Harveys isn't greasy enough to bug me. But; if I do go get a burger its a Harveys burger. Stay hungry my friends

Attachments

#19 ·
Randy's King and Spadina in Hamilton makes burgers from grass fed beef, makes all of his own condiments (Mustard, Relish, Mayo, Ketchup) and fries his frys in beef tallow, the best burger and fries I have had in years. Only problem is that since people have found out it takes a long time to get your togo order.

Home . Randy's Hamburgers . GRASS-FED BEEF . Homemade Condiments . Hand cut French Fries . Buttermilk battered Onion Rings . Near Ivor Wynne Stadium . Made Fresh Daily . Take-out . Take Away from Scratch . Seasonal Specials . Texas Style Chili . Busi

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.