Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It got gender but not age.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • It got age but not gender.

Votes: 1 5.9%

Who does Google think YOU are???

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  screature 
#1 ·
You can take at look at Google's assessment of you from all its algorithms and your click history and other sources by looking at Ads Preferences Manager which looks at a Google cookie on your machine.....

With the new Google privacy policy coming into effect March 1 you may want to know what the Goog thinks of you. You can edit various parameters or opt out on the Ad Pref page.

How to find out who Google thinks you are from your web history (and how it may even have your sex wrong) | Mail Online

#6 ·
Neither Google nor Facebook make it very ease to opt out of ANYthing.

#7 ·
Google thinks I look much younger than my actual chronological experience would otherwise indicate. :)

#8 ·
It says I am between 25 and 34 years old.

How do you stay so young at heart? When you're mentally 15, it's not that hard…

#9 ·
Its got it right that I'm a guy.. but the age is off. It thinks I'm 35-44. Its about 10-20 years off....

#10 ·
It was wrong on both counts for me - thinks I'm a 34-44 year old male. :rolleyes:

I can only assume that this is because Google thinks that women in their early 50s aren't geeks and web designers...:lmao:

I've now opted out of the 3rd party tracking, not that it really matters, since I have ad blocks installed on every browser I run and haven't seen an ad in eons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.