Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Bell - Your are such a joke now and always have been!!

2K views 34 replies 9 participants last post by  screature 
#1 ·
Bell mobility: Laid-off worker sees local job posting for the position she held for three years until last week - thestar.com

When Shorty Leo got the call from an HR manager telling her she’d been laid off from her job at Bell Mobility last week, she was devastated.

When she saw the exact same job posted on Workopolis this week, she got mad.

“They said they were restructuring and moving things to Montreal or B.C., but the posting said people need to be able to get to Creekbank within an hour in case the systems go down. That’s kind of hard to do from Montreal,” said Leo of the Mississauga-based call centre where she’d worked as a customer service representative for three years.
:confused::confused: Bad an you Bell!!

#4 ·
Seriously how dare you question the ethics of a greedy multi-national. :eek::eek::eek:

I suspect they had to can those workers to make cash available to pay bigger bonuses to the top execs. Was it their fault those people turned out to be essential????

Perhaps by raising mobile rates, they could offset the some of the negative effects of all of this unfortunate publicity.

#12 ·
Letting someone go because the reason stated is that they are surplus and then hiring someone else to do the exact same job is not cool... matters not if it is legal or not.

Fire the person for legitimate reasons and then hire someone else... easy peasy, just don't lie about the reasons for the firing.

That's my take on it.

Just as an aside... F**k Bell. beejacon

P.S. I know this post breaks my vow not to reply to threads that state "so and so is such a joke now" but I couldn't resist in this case because I hate Bell and have not been giving them a cent now for about 5 or 6 years...

So while I am breaking my word it is worth it to spread the word...

F**k Bell!!!

#13 ·
Letting some one go because the reason stated is that they are surplus and then hiring someone else to do the exact same job is not cool... matters not if it is legal or not.

Fire the person for legitimate reasons and then hire someone else... easy peesy, just don't lie about the reasons for the firing.

That's my take on it.
It's not the same job, however. It's a home-based position.

#33 ·
The 500 who were laid off. If they are only to be replaced with people doing the same job for less in their own country, well then that is a problem.

I get it if the company were out sourcing to another country... they could easily get away with it but at home we have laws that protect workers rights... no union necessary.

Again, like I said, have legitimate reasons to let people go and move on... seems Bell is operating in their usual manner... screwing people over... it doesn't matter if it is their customers or employees.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.