Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Sober granny charged and treated abusively by police in BC

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  MazterCBlazter 
#1 · (Edited)

#3 ·
Luckily she wasn't in Williams Lake. They would have beat the crap out of her.

Hopefully she will encounter a sane judge somewhere along the way who will order the thugs to reimburse every dime this has cost her. Better yet if they take it out of the paychecks of the idiots involved.

#4 ·
There isn't a day that I don't read about wrong doings and abuses by the RCMP, that whole institution needs an enema...and quick.

#12 ·
This all due to well paid lobbyist(?) such as MADD and TADD shaking up politicians and jumping them to attention.

Could it be a well intentioned public policy to avoid the real problem that being; driver's licences are too easy to acquire and too easy to maintain?

#6 ·
Don't drive in BC if you have asthma

There are the well-publicized encounters, and then all the others. There must be many, many others.

One egregious example: a friend's daughter has asthma, got stopped in a road check ( a lottery in itself, that makes an ass of the law), and when she could not breathe hard enough, got the maximum - car towed, licence suspended, must install the breath detector device on the car, sign up for a course and show remorse, etc etc. All under BC's administrative process (=no due process of law).

I will not mention details of other people I actually know firsthand, just in case they get a legal break and I can testify on their behalf.

#9 ·
Please pass this on elsewhere so it can be seen. Other websites and Facebook etc. We have to be very careful what kind of laws we allow the morons in our Police departments to enforce.
To be clear, it is not the police departments who set the laws, rather they enforce them after being set by elected representatives. But this case and many others show a clear lack of any judgement or common sense on the particular officer's part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.