Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Happy New Year

1K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  The Doug 
#1 ·
Well, we are just approaching noon here in St.John's, which means the 12 hour count down to midnight shall soon be upon us here in Canada.

Let me just take a moment to wish ALL of us here in ehMacLand a peaceful and healthy new year in 2012. Whatever our differences, we are all part of a great web site (merci, Mr. Mayor), and those of us living in Canada are a part of a great country.

Paix, mes amis.

#2 ·
Thank you - happy new year back to you and yours.
Hoping 2012 will be a turn around for the whole planet :)

#4 ·
Amen, mac doctor. Paix, mon ami.

#5 ·
Good for them. Sadly, there are times when my wife's brother calls us when it is midnight in Alberta ......... 330AM here in St.John's.

#6 ·
The pendulum swings to and fro, and another tumultuous years slides into history. An analogy that has vexed me my whole life.
The end of 2011 also brought (hopefully, for me) the end of this economic disaster of the last 3 years. Job stability seems to have emerged (no guarantees, of course), right in time for my extended family to try an use Christmas to impose selfish agendas'...

Oh well, what is life without relative dysfunction.

At least New Years eve offers a choice, to party or relax, be with those you choose to be with or miss those you are away from.

At the very least we can pretend toclose one chapter and start a new one afresh.

Happy New Year to everyone in ehMac land and may 2012 bring a brighter happier time to us all.

#7 ·
Same to you, JAMG. Hopefully, the pendulum shall swing in your favor this year. Paix, mon ami.

#10 ·
Happy New Years and thanks for the help in all my Mac need and questitions in 2011 and the coming 2012. I wish all a merry, happy, good health New Years. May all your dreams and wishes come true. Thanks to the Mayor and his team for providing a unique Canadian experience. Eh!!!

#12 ·
Less than an hour here in St.John's, NL.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Paix, mes amis.

#17 ·
Yes, O-man, and we are just now winding down our celebrations now that the sun is about to rise. So starts a new year. Paix, mon ami.

#16 ·
We survived the drive home in bottle rocket-filled streets (and other explosions the source of which we're not sure, especially considering that the past 48 hours have seen two major shootouts between the cops and the bad guys here in Zacatecas).

Now that we're safely ensconced in our beds, let me offer hearty best wishes to all for a safe, prosperous and happy new year!

#19 ·
CM, may this be a peaceful and safe new year for you and your family .......... somewhere in Canada.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.