Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Shared Surfing = $$$ for Halifax company

726 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lawrence 
#1 ·
Web-sharing company draws $1.7M investment

A Halifax-based company that promises to take sharing the web in a whole new direction is attracting interest from some of the hottest investors in the industry.

Prince Edward Islander Jevon MacDonald, co-founder and CEO of the company, is one of the creative minds behind the software, which allows two or more people in different locations to surf the web together, as if they're sitting side-by-side, each with their own mouse clicking on the same page. MacDonald's software allows users to do this within seconds, without downloads or plugins.
A consortium including Freestyle Capital and Yuri Milner, known for his investments in Facebook and Groupon, put $1.7 million in seed capital into the company earlier this year.
(CBC)

#4 ·
Macfury: I can definitely see a use for it. Often I'm talking on the phone with a client, and while we're talking I'll direct them to my website so they can look at a picture of some equipment I have in my picture galleries. It would be so much easier to just click to the spot I want them to go, myself, rather than say, "Okay, on the top right is a link for 'installation photos', click on that ..."

I know other people who design web sites who would be able to use it to show a site as it develops to their client, and another person who sells software that comes with a 'trial package' who would definitely be able to use it.

And that's just business applications. The possibilities for interactive gaming are endless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.