Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Bell to stop throttling!

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Joker Eh 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Is it just me or does it not seem very weird that 50 people have seen that Bell will stop trotting and have not made a comment but had the link announced further throttling they would be making plans for a witch hunt?

The user has won, and nobody seems to give a rats butt...

:D

#3 ·
I can't help but think how this is going to cost the end user more money. These big corporations thrive on greed, rest assured Bell is not doing this out of kindness.

#7 ·
I left Bell long ago and would never use one of their services ever again. So for me it means nothing.

Bell is going to cry that it is costing them more money hardware and they will be raising the prices. So in the end Bell wins.
Exactly ^^^

I ditched Bell this past summer as my ISP and haven't regretted it. Next is my home phone. They feel the need to nickel and dime the consumer to death, when you can get the same service (or better) for less money elsewhere.

#6 ·
I hope Rogers follows suit. But with a weak kneed oversight body on the payroll like the CRTC; I fear it just money changing pockets.

#9 ·
Cogeco here. Left bell for many reasons. And they still keep trying to sell me their services over the phone. I won't go back. But, it is a good thing they have stopped throttling. But knowing bell, they will likely charge per GB or something.

#10 ·
Yeah, I'm not with Bell either, but my skeptical nature wants to wait for the other shoe to drop before deciding whether to applaud the move or not.

It's easy to believe a service provider would be raising costs/lowering service, but it's surprising to hear of the opposite without some catch involved.

#11 ·
#14 ·
ughhhhh, correct me if I'm wrong but Teksavvy and other DSL ISPs all sell you a chunk they have bought from Bell. What happens to one affects the other. Granted, they may not throttle the other ISPs but who knows that they are/were up to.

Buying from Teksavvy, still winds up putting money in Bell's wallet so your ban has some glitches. :D

I'm not with Bell either on account of their service being terrible. Who has support only available until 7pm during the week. I'm with Rogers and this move is important to me because it means that Rogers should follow suit.

#19 ·
I have no choice but to use Bell for my rural secondary residence for tv, phone and internet.

I'll have to see how this works out...here in the city I have everything with Rogers. :lmao:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.