Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Kudos for Shaw Cable

889 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Andrew Pratt 
#1 ·
Kudos to Shaw Cable

We are quick to crap on our service providers when they come up short, but I want to share a positive experience with Shaw Cable. Saturday I was moving my TV and hooked it up to a cable outlet we had never used before (we are fairly new to this house). No signal. I got on the net and through Shaw's chat room assistant (almost immediate response) figured out there was no signal going to the outlet. Would I like a service call on Monday? Yes, please. The two service guys (journeyman and trainee) showed up at noon today (Monday) figured out the outlet was "homemade" and had never been properly wired, replaced it, rewired it (on their bellies in the crawl space) and while we were at it, I was able to swap my old cable box for a new, HD-quality box. No charge. What more can you ask for?

#2 ·
Our earliest experiences with Shaw, nearly 20 years ago, were OK. In the past 2-3 years, however, they've sucked big time. Interruptions in cable & internet service, poor quality when it was there, promises made but never kept, multiple visits by the techs to no avail ('cause the problem wasn't in the house), sub-par tech support, I could go on.

We're about 3 weeks away from giving them the heave-ho & getting satellite. And, it ain't gonna be Shaw satellite, either.

That being said, good for you. That's how Shaw used to be for us.

#3 ·
Well, if we are going to be like this..... :lmao:

I used the bell chat support thing and they gave me a free service call to fix out satellite dish. The LBNF had crapped out after being in service for over a decade. The service tech was great and so was the chat room person.

As for Rogers, I've had them as an ISP for 7 years. I've never had to call them. :D

#4 ·
Shaw is the only large corporation that I have no complaints about, and we've been with them for a very long time. Any problems, and it's one call to set things straight. Best support I've experienced from any company. Hard to believe perhaps, but true in my case.

#5 ·
Was a great company that lost it's way under Jim jr. They had to restructure and layoff people so it took a while to streamline things and return to a normal level of customer service.

They're now the only cable co that hasn't launched a mobility/cell product which puts them in a competitive disadvantage. They're still sitting on $.5B of licensed spectrum so my bet is they'll gulp up Mobilicity in the next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.