Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

awesome music video thread

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  macintosh doctor 
#1 ·
let's have one. No politics allowed.

Saw this great bit of footage of the Beatles 1965 in Paris. Before they had monitors.

TagTélé - Beatles paris 1965

#6 · (Edited)
killer video Sinc. Billy Preston on keys, but I knew that, and if you never brought it up, I would never have noticed Mick Jagger! I hovered my mouse on pause to catch it. Man he looks young. I hadn't noticed Jagger the first time I saw this.

edit, I meant I didn't notice Jagger the first time. WOuld have missed that completely.

#7 ·
killer video Sinc. Billy Preston on keys, but I knew that, and if you never brought it up, I would never have noticed Mick Jagger! I hovered my mouse on pause to catch it. Man he looks young. I noticed Jagger the first time I saw this.
Good eye gt, I knew if anyone would catch it, it would be you. I too recognized Jagger the first time I ever saw this one and it has been in my collection for many years now.

#8 ·
I wouldn't have seen it if I didn't know to look for someone, thanks.

here's every drummer's nightmare. I couldn't imagine, standing back while he has a go on my kit showing me what rhythm really is. I don't if you have to be a drummer to appreciate it, but here it is.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

#12 ·
Better post something before ehMax takes over...;)

A band way ahead of it's time and an underrated lead singer IMHO. This song is an anthem of sorts for me. Enjoy.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

#13 ·
Sugarland? The first time I saw Sugarland live I thought, good God that woman is singing through her nose. Her nasal twang is awful and that from a guy who likes country. Here is one that has stood the test of time and has become a classic:

+ YouTube Video

#14 ·
A little Warren Zevon nostalgia that kind of captures those days for me...

+ YouTube Video

#17 · (Edited)
]I missed video in the eighties with no tv. And I really never connected with the medium after that.

In the late 70's the first videos started appearing. I remember some killer DEVO vids that I'll try and dig up; they're not on youtube.

Other than that I remember being in London U.K. in 79 and went to see the Buzzcocks backed up by Joy Division.

They played this video before the show kicked off -

Kraftwerk Autobahn rare original video 1973 - YouTube

I remember being heavily influenced by this around 77 -
Kraftwerk - The Robots - YouTube

#20 ·
I love Harry, but 'Everybody's Talkin' ' always makes me think of Dustin Hoffman and "I'm walking here!".

My favourite Nilsson songs would be 'Without You' and his version of 'As Time Goes By'.

#26 ·
best all time song and video ever made.. its how I feel most of the time LOL
+ YouTube Video

as the song says "... you may ask yourself, you live a beautiful house and have a beautiful wife, you may ask yourself how did I get here?..."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.