Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

If I had a $100.

1K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  cap10subtext 
#1 ·
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

#2 ·
Cool. I have yet to see one, but they look interesting.

#4 ·
I see them so seldom I have to call them $100 Williams because I don't know them well enough to call them Bill.

#3 ·
I got a couple of $100 bills the other day, but they were still the old style ones. I don't think our credit union has updated their money dispensing machines in the branch to handle the new ones yet.

#6 ·
I collected coins and bills as a hobbyist since I inherited my grandfathers collection at a young age. I haven't actively collected much in years but that little geek in me is still fuelled by curiosity every time they announce a new series.

The concepts, techniques, and stories behind the production and collecting of money are strangely fascinating.

#9 ·
Saw one yesterday. Way cool. Looked like a $100 bill wrapped up with ribbon.

#13 ·
k funny story I was at Wal-Mart a few days ago, and the guy ahead of me in line gave one of the new bills to the casheir, she looked at it for a second and then put it in the till and before starting on my stuff called a "CSR", when the CSR arrived, the cahier told her that she just got a fake $100 bill. The CSR looked at me and said from this guy? She said no the guy left already, so the CSR said why would you take a bill and let him leave?

End of story was it was the new bill but funny to see it all play out anyway.

#14 ·
Lol, oh my god, that's pretty funny! I always discreetly check my bills (I'm not one of those look at a $5 in the light people) but I wonder the mentality of some people. I got a stack of freshly minted 5s from a cashier. She joked "wow, they just printed those in the basement." then she suddenly got serious and added "you should probably get those checked." having already checked them while we were talking I took them anyways, but really? Why would you give them as change and screw your customer if you thought they were fake?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.