Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

TD profits rise 58 per cent to $1.57 billion in fourth quarter

972 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  i-rui 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Who set up the regulations giving special status to chartered banks? The federal government. That's why the charters make so much money and why trust companies have merged with chartered banks. Personally, I have nothing against bank making tons of money, provided the competition is not excluded from the same favours as those received by the Charters.

#9 ·
How do you think they made this profit?????

Of course, once you turn 60, you get the Senior's Discount of no-fee checking and use of debit cards. Of course, they did not tell me about this discount until I was 61. :ptptptptp

#10 ·
Deutsche Bank, somehow, held the mortgage on a home in Atlanta, Georgia. They tried to foreclose on a 103-year-old woman and her 83 year old daughter, who have lived there for 50 years. Fulton County police were instructed to evict the pair, but the two women got to keep their house after police refused to move them both out on to the streets.

Guess Deutsche Bank won't be as profitable at TD. "(Reuters) - Deutsche Bank (DBKGn.DE) said its full-year target of 10 billion euros ($13.3 billion) profit before tax is no longer within reach as the European debt crisis takes its toll on global markets." Add to this the reality that US police won't foreclose on elderly people. How will they survive????

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

#11 ·
and i think CIBC's profits went up 59%. Much of both banks profits came from mortgages and lending to other financial institutions.

Well the one thing that could be a problem for me is that when I deposit my pay check into the ABM machine I have instant access to it to withdraw and pay bills. its an option on my account I have with TD. I don't think that can happen with ING as far as I can tell.

Otherwise it looks like it has everything I would need from a bank.
Have you looked at PC Financial's No fee bank account? The parent company is CIBC, but that works out to be a plus since you can use any CIBC ATM for deposits/withdrawals.

I've also heard good things about the ING thrive account, but I haven't opened one yet. I do have an ING savings account and i've been pleased with it.

If anyone wants to open an ING account with $100 or more they can use my orange key # - 24525797S1 and they'll get an extra $25 bonus ($50 bonus if you do it before the end of the year).

Full disclosure, i also get a $25 bonus :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.