Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Kennedy: 48 years later, a book that won't close...

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  eMacMan 
#1 ·
Brian McKenna: Why JFK Died, and Why it Matters 48 Years Later

...on the 50th anniversary of his presidency and on Nov 22, the 48th of his murder, there are fresh revelations. The recent release of taped conversations -- Jackie interviewed by an historian only months after the assassination -- gives us a deeper insight into a woman who through out her life seemed as mysterious as Mona Lisa.
JFK was murdered because he tried to change the world. He was killed because he confronted the National security state, negotiating a nuclear test ban treaty with the Communists. He was assassinated because over and over he chose not to go to war, over Laos, over Berlin, and twice over Cuba. His next crime was going to be pulling out of Vietnam, a process he had already begun with an October 1963 order to start withdrawing troops. This was the last straw for his generals and the CIA. They accused him of treason. At least one senior CIA agent, the Watergate burglar E. Howard Hunt, confessed on his deathbed the assassination was a coup d'état.

There are excisions in the Jackie tapes. One possible cut is dramatic. An August 2011 news story under the byline of Liz Thomas and carried by the Daily Mail said the tapes contained a bombshell:. "Jackie Kennedy believed that Lyndon B. Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved in the assassination of her husband John F Kennedy. " This was missing when the tapes and transcript were published, but if it is true, Jackie was not alone. Evelyn Lincoln, JFK's long-term personal secretary, wrote that she believed there was a conspiracy involving LBJ and the FBI's Hoover. So did LBJ's lawyer. So did LBJ's mistress, Madeleine Brown.
(HuffingtonPost)

See less See more
#2 ·
Not sure that we shall ever know, CM. Still, to his credit, LBJ brought about dramatic social legistlation when he became president in his own right in 1964. Had he not gotten the US deeply involved in the mire of Vietnam, he would have been considered as the second greatest president, in terms of enacting social and environmental legislation that improved the lives of millions of Americans, just behind FDR. I do not think that JFK could have brought about the civil rights legislation that LBJ pushed through Congress.

In my opinion, the loss of Pres. Kennedy's brother, Robert Kennedy, back in 1968, was a greater loss to America than the killing of JFK, in that I think that RFK would have gotten the US out of Vietnam. Sadly, we shall never know.

Paix, mon ami.

#3 ·
I always thought it had something with being the first Roman Catholic US President.

#8 ·
Or the Chicago Mafia, they paid to get him elected and he was not toeing the line.

When I was being taught to handle firearms I made some difficult shots. What Oswald supposedly did with an Enfield shooting at a target moving away from him is next to impossible, even before you get into the magic bullet debate. The fact that he had a much easier shot as the cavalcade approached makes the official theory even more implausable.

#10 ·
I heard the wife or girl friend of Oswald wrote a book as well, claiming he was there to protect JFK and was working for the FBI..
I think one day the truth will be released but problem not until all the players involve die of old age or sickness..
( Castro etc.. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.