Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Boxes!

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  G-Mo 
#1 ·
So I'm moving. In Toronto. Where's a good place to get boxes aside from buying them?

#3 ·
You could ask at the liquor store, But they won't be big boxes.
Also most shoppers drug mart stores put out their boxes on certain days, Or you could just ask for them.

Some grocery stores may let you have some, But usually they reserve them for their customers.

#4 ·
actually storage locations and u haul locations - have boxes for a reasonable rate..
at the end of the day.. you should be careful where you get 'recycled boxes' from
as some maybe have bugs and other surprises so stick to new..
( I was going to suggest after the verdict - tent city may have a few. LOL )

Good luck with your move.
:)

#7 ·
Having moved more times than I can count I would buy your boxes for a few reasons.

First they will be in better shape and less likely to fall apart, secondly you can choose the sizes you want and need and then those sizes will all be (relative to the others of the same size) uniform in size thereby making it a lot easier to pack them into whatever vehicle you are using to move.

When I first started moving I cheaped out and got free boxes from here and there but when I bought boxes I couldn't believe how much faster and easier it actually made the moves.

My 2 cents.

#8 ·
+1

You might also consider rubbermaid boxes for some items especially if they may be in storage for awhile.

#13 ·
If you opt to buy new, buy your boxes at Home Depot, they are significantly cheaper there than U-Haul or any other storage company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.