Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Help me grow my drop box service..

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  jamesB 
#1 ·
Shameless plug , but if you join, you will get free cloud space from dropbox, use this link and I will receive 250 MB free for referring you..
please
:)
Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/P1ZDQVrp

#2 · (Edited)
Well if you're going to be shameless, than I'm going to be shameless.

If you help me grow my Dropbox account, I will reward you by writing a limerick in your honour using your username.
http://db.tt/nf4T0kZ

I was first introduced to Dropbox through one of my writing teachers, the Giller-nominated author Sarah Selecky. (Who is, incidentally, a Mac user.) She had her house broken into and her computers stolen, but thanks to Dropbox, her work was safe.

Read her take on the theft here: The value of the written word | Afterword | Arts | National Post

EDIT TO ADD: I should also point out, not only do I get an extra 250 MB, but I believe you get and extra 250 MB. It's a win-win. Plus, limericks.

#5 ·
thanks for being shameless in my thread.. :roll eyes:

I will be sure to return you the favor

#9 ·
I used one of you're links. I'm not sure whose I used. I opened both into new tabs and then i randomly clicked one tab and went from there. You know; just to be fair

#11 ·
Thank you.. sir.. :)
for supporting the original not the copy.. ;)

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/P1ZDQVrp

#14 ·
Either way I now have 2.5GB!!!

#17 ·
#29 ·
I have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to on the Dropbox site.

Does it work with Tiger, and PowerPC Macs?

Can you load content to an iPhone independently from iTunes? I'm thinking of my own mp3 files.

If the answer is yes to both, then I could be suckered, er ....... interested.

#35 ·
Here's my dilema. I got a used iPhone 3GS that came with iOS 5. My main computer is a G5 with Tiger, and the version of iTunes is not compatible with iOS 5, and I can't transfer my music into the iPhone.

I can download new music and apps from the iTunes store using the iPhone connected to the web via WiFi. There doesn't seem to be any way of moving files into the iPhone unless it is done through iTunes, however. I was hoping that Dropbox would create this pathway, but it looks like it doesn't. I'm guessing that you can look at the files and open them when you're connected to Dropbox, but you can't actually download and save the files to your iPhone. Is that correct?

#36 ·
Yes, you can flag files in the dropbox folder so that they stay on the iPhone when disconnected. You can also use other apps to access dropbox and might be able to find a music app which is better suited to playing audio than directly in dropbox. Good reader is a document viewer that can access dropbox, there may be more.

Once the ITunes Match service is available you will be able to download any music you synch into the service to your iPhone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.