www.apple.com/ delays - ehMac.ca
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #1
Honourable Citizen
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 8ton
Posts: 1,321
www.apple.com/ delays

I ordered a mac mini and MS office bundle on Jan 6 from apple.ca/store.
The mini was a refurb.

I received on;

Jan 9 shipment notice for MS office.
Jan 12 delay mac mini till Jan 18
Jan 18 delay mac mini till Jan 26.

I was wondering will this continue for ever.
I purchased the bundle for the rebate.
WillI still be able to get the rebate?
Will Apple pay return shipping of the MS office software if I cancel the mini.
HAs anyone had a similar experience with Apple.
Any suggestions on how to handle this?

thanks John
johnnydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:13 AM   #2
Full Citizen
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: St. Catharines, ON
Posts: 216
I'm just guessing here, but maybe the Mac mini is being updated to the Intel soon which is why Apple delaying.

I have read many stories of people ordering a computer from Apple, only to be delayed and finally getting the next generation version: one of the editors from MacAddict listed her experience when discussing the new Intel macs (she ordered a B/W and got a G4 at no extra cost).

Please remember that I am only guessing, but it could be valid.

Also, Thinksecret.com reported that the Mac mini was supposed to be released by Jobs during the keynote.
12" Apple PowerBook G4 - 1.5GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 320GB HD
Apple Mac Pro (2,1) - 3.0GHz, 32GB RAM, ATI 7970, 120 SSD, 60 SSD, 2 TB HDD, 2TB HDD, OS X 9.1
stand_1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #3
Full Citizen
ender78's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 726
I would recommend that you email Apple with regards to the rebate. It would be unfair if you can get the mini in time to qualify for the rebate. Apple may have diverted capacity to the new iMac and Macbook, impacting the mini production.

[1]Mac Pro - Octo - 2.26 GHz - 12GB RAM
[2]Macbook Pro 2.0 GHz 100GB HD@7200RPM 2GB RAM
[3]iPhone G 32GB
ender78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #4
Full Citizen
mikeinmontreal's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 954
Since you ordered a refurb, I don't think you will likely get a newer version, unless an Intel Mac Mini makes its debut; in that case, you might get the mac minis that are being sold now, which is still pretty good.
mikeinmontreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Honourable Citizen
macsackbut's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,455
Send a message via AIM to macsackbut Send a message via MSN to macsackbut Send a message via Yahoo to macsackbut
Weird situation. If it's a refurb, it shouldn't be a capacity problem. One would think that they have the machine on-hand if they're offering it for sale as a refurb, but maybe I'm off base here.

In any case, I would call Apple about the rebate too. I'm not sure what the terms are. Do you have to have made the purchase before the end of January, or can it just have been ordered. Who cuts the cheque, Apple or MS? If the latter, you might have a problem if the computer arrives in February. Call Apple.
MBP C2D 2.2/120GB/2GB (10.5.0)
G4 1.42 mini 80GB/1024/Combo/AP/BT (10.4.10); 20" ACD; miniStack+300GB; iSight; AirPort Express
G3 600 iBook 30GB/640/DVD-ROM/AP (10.4.10)
4G iPod (40GB) | 2G iPod nano (4 GB-red) | My Mac blog: Singing the Apple
macsackbut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #6
Honourable Citizen
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 8ton
Posts: 1,321

I just called apple and they said don't worry be happy! Hah
He told me to upgrade to another model so I wouldn't have to wait.
He would even upgrade me to 2 day shipping.
He then went on the web site and found another mini refurb for $100 more,
that was available. He then read me the specs.
I told him that was the same mini as I bought for $100 less.
He said that it has the same specs but a different model number.
I think it was a boxing week price that they now don't want to honour and are hoping I'll just cancel.
He also said that apple would pay the return shipping for the items already shipped.

johnnydee is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iMac Shipment Delays BrianD Anything Mac 24 Mar 9th, 2005 11:59 PM
Delays reported for Power Mac G5 with NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL card configs interact Anything Mac 1 Aug 22nd, 2004 01:38 PM
Anglican Church Delays Decision on Same-Sex Blessings VertiGoGo Everything Else, eh! 7 Jun 4th, 2004 11:49 AM
Some dirt on G5 delays Macaholic Anything Mac 8 Apr 13th, 2004 06:48 AM
Mail delays MacDoc Anything Mac 12 May 1st, 2003 01:27 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012, ehMac.ca All rights reserved. ehMac is not affiliated with Apple Inc. Mac, iPod, iTunes, iPhone, Apple TV are trademarks of Apple Inc. Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

Tribe.ca: Urban living in Toronto!