I just talked to a buddy of mine who works as a reseller- mac minis are behind (in Canada, anyways) by about 50,000 units. I ordered mine In early February- he says I won't see it untill April, at least.
The reason I post this is that all this waiting has put the imac bug into my brain. Would anyone know if a revision to the product line is coming soon? I don't want to get burned by buying a week before the new ones come out. I have looked at macrumors and other sites about the Australian price drops- are these credible indicators of a forthcoming revision?
Geez guys, just buy 'em at Best Buy (online if you have to). The London, Ontario store had three in stock last weekend. Unless I suppose you're looking for the SuperDrive model, then never mind, they only had the "regular" Minis.
James, if you want to switch your order to an iMac I'm sure Apple won't complain...and if you can afford it and it meets your needs, then why not? The G5 iMac has only been shipping since the fall, so I wouldn't expect to see any major changes just yet.
__________________ 32GB iPad 1 WiFi. 2011 Mac Mini Server (used as a workstation) 2GHz quad-core i7/8GB/1TB, 24" BenQ LCD, 17" NEC LCD, Magic Trackpad. MacBook 2.4GHz Core2 Duo/2GB/200GB/DL-DVDRW. Apple TV 2, 32" flat panel TV, Logitech DiNovo Edge BT keyboard & trackpad. >5TB of FW drives, 16GB iPhone 4S. In memoriam: my Sawtooth "Frankenmac" with upgraded dual 1.3GHz G4/2GB/360GB striped RAID/DVDRW/ATI Radeon 9000 Pro
I think that a 1.5 ghz Mac Mini with dual ram slots and a 64 mb video card
would make for a nice revision, Adding an 8x Superdrive would be nice too.
I might buy one then...
But I doubt if Apple would have a revision to please me though.
Mac Mini 2.4, Apple TV1 & TV2, iPod 4th gen, Apple iPad Mini...
The future is one of my favourite past times.
------------------------------------------------------ MacMagic Game forum
Ha! I'm the only one that knows that he's talking about an upcoming upgrade/speedbump for the G5 iMac. I have one on order and the shipment date has slipped a couple times already. Some people here have waited over a month already for their 20".
Rumour is speedbump to 2.0Ghz, Bluetooth 2.0 support, possible stock ram at 512mb and possible video to 128mb. CTO options will include up to 400Gb SATA drives. Otherwise form factor will stay the same. Announcement should be today or tomorrow. ::fingers crossed::
iMac Quad i7 27 MacBook Pro 17 BlackBook Core Duo PMG5 Dual 2.5 G5 iMac 20 iPhone 4 iPod Touch 3 60Gb iPod photo 3G 4Gb Nano 2G 20Gb iPod 5x G3 iMacs PM6100/60 (why am I keeping this?)
Original Apple eWorld member Apple user since 1982 Yorkdale t-shirt #3! Eaton Centre #7 Sherway Gardens #5 Pacific Centre Fairview #5 Got any OS9 educational/kids' software?
thanks gmark- that's just what I was expecting to hear. I know the rule is 'buy it if you need it' but i would really rather just wait it out untill the new revision. hopefully Apple will let their fans know soon enough....
Ordered mine on Feb. 9th, estimated shipping on or before March 11th. Spoke with Apple yesterday, she said they don't expect any further delays. I have to admit though, that this whole thing made me loose my excitement over getting this brand new Mac. Add another 2 weeks after it's shipped (didn't select expdited), it's a month and a half waiting period after placing the order. It's BTO with 512RAM.