I've got the 8GB which I've had since Sept 07 currently running 1.13, and its got no issues at all- rock solid in everyway.
Now I've been entertaining the thought of selling this one which can easily fetch $450 or even more then upgrading to the 16 GB, which is 5 bills and can have my cousin pick it up from Las Vegas next month, so basically for the same money I've got a 16 Gigger. Now the dilemma is -I don't want to end up with a Lemon that may have some issues here and there which would warrant a repair from Apple-a headache itself...
So how many of you have sold your 8GB to go to the 16 GB?
Ya tempting,,but I think I'm gonna wait until maybe the next iPhone Model or a 32 GB..
I know chances are low of getting a lemon but I've seen some, and that scares me..so why mess with a good thing like just for an extra 8 GB..maybe if they were in Canada now I would even pay an extra 1 bill and do it, but with the headache of no warranty or doing the TurboSIM thing isn't worth it I guess.
I just wanted to know how many people have done it here.
Given that it seems likely the 3G/revamped iPhone will be offered in June, I can't really see the point of getting another one up here right now. Stick with your 8GB, I think, and if you really want one of the new ones when they come out, I'm sure you'll easily find a buyer unless Rogers STILL isn't carrying them ... which seems likely ...
I am considering the same jump but I have a 4GB version. For me, it may be worth the 12GB increase considering my iTunes library is about 12GB so it would be perfect. One of the major reasons I am holding off is because there is a rumored price drop on both models by $100 like last time. The defective issue is a hit and a miss. I have a couple friends that were able to get replacements from defective phones used in Canada/unlocked. I also hear others' being denied. Definitely a hassle either way.
Mac Mini | 2.6GHz Intel Quad-Core i7 | 16GB RAM | 1.2 TB Fusion Drive
32GB iPad Mini | Black
iPhone 5 32GB | Black
Like you Veej, I'm considering selling my 8 GB'er and buying a 16 GB'er. But, I have no fear at all that I'd get a "lemon", as you call it. I'm confident a new iPhone would work just fine. However, the reason why I am hesitating is that indeed, there probably will be a more significant upgrade in the near-to-mid future (say 3-6 months), and I'm willing to wait that amount of time.
You've survived with that phone for almost 2 years, what's the rush now??
__________________ The world needs more Canada.
Macbook Air 11" Core 2 Duo 1.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB flash HD, 10.7.2
iPhone 4 32 GB, iOS 5.0
iPad 2 white 64 GB Wifi only (all over tethering, man), iOS 5.0