The problem. I can only get playback of music through the computer, not my iPhone or iPod Touch.
- I have installed the Remote app on an iPhone 4, IOS 5.1.1, and an iPod Touch, IOS 3.1.3.
- Both can display all the music on my MacBook Pro on wifi.
- Home Sharing on both IOS devices is turned on.
- iTunes>Advanced on the MacBook only displays the option to turn it off, indicating that it is on.
- iTunes left panel does not display the Sharing category even when IOS devices are connected by wifi.
- When I select the wifi in the Airplay option it indicates that there are no speakers connected. Choosing the Computer option sends the output to the computer, which I don"t want.
So you are trying to send music from the computer to the iOS devices? If you have home sharing setup on the iOS devices (check in Settings>Music) then you shouldnt need the remote app at all to access the music on the computer, and it is done from the iOS device end and not in iTunes.
Open up the Music app on the iOS device. Then in the tab bar at the bottom of the screen press the more option. There should then be a Shared entry in the list. Select shared and it should access the iTunes library on the computer.